What Makes a Good CDD Analyst?

 What Makes a Good CDD Analyst?

I'm not just a  Analyst . I'm a Senior CDD Analyst, AML Analyst, Screening checker. Here's what separates Good from Great in CDD:

1. Attention to Detail – Spots DOB mismatch, address mismatch, name spelling.

2. Investigative Mindset – Doesn't just collect docs, asks WHY? Checks Companies House even when not asked.

3. Understands RISK not just PROCESS – Knows why this customer is High risk.

4. Documentation – Writes clear audit trail. Any reviewer can understand your rationale.

5. Knows Regulations – JMLSG, MLR, FCA, SAR, NCA – not just bank policy.

6. Communication – Writes RFIs that get replies in 1 go, not 3.

7. Integrity – Escalates red flag even under business pressure to onboard.

8. QA Mindset – Thinks: "If I was the reviewer, would I fail this case?"Journey: Checker → Analyst → Quality Analyst.

That's Beyond Onboarding.
 

Which skill do you think is most important?


 Comment below.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AML ANALYST GUIDE: Top 16 Corporate KYC & AML Interview Questions – Detailed Answers

PEP Screening

KYC Interview Questions for 2026